Offre d'emploi : Protection Project Manager
Job at NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council, ONG, Yaounde: Protection Project Manager
Protection Project Manager
Cameroon is compounded by three conflict-related humanitarian crises in addition to the secondary impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and cholera outbreaks that have further exacerbated the needs in-country. Incursions by Armed Organized Groups in the Lack Chad Basin have resulted into 136,210 Nigerians seeking refuge in Cameroon, 385,372 Cameroonian IDPs, and 138,152 returnees in urgent need of humanitarian assistance. Cameroon’s Eastern region is still home to over 315,747 refugees from the Central African Republic and the North-West South-West region is witnessing the on-going violence that has led to the displacement of 714,159 Cameroonians.
NRC has been operational in Cameroon since April 2017, and currently has five field offices: Maroua and Kousseri in the Far North, Buea in the South-West, Bamenda in the North-West and Batouri in the East. To provide assistance to people affected by these 3 crises, NRC is implementing 14 projects and is looking for additional funding opportunities in future.
NRC implements programs in WASH, shelter, ICLA, LFS, and Education, and is aiming at developing the Protection from Violence (PfV) CC.
What you will do:
- The role of the Protection Manager is to develop, lead and support the protection programming. This includes providing strategic direction, contributing to fundraising, and capacity building of a protection team.
- Develop Protection strategy, technical guidance and Macro Logical Frameworks
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify gaps, challenges, creative solutions, and donors’ priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments across Core Competencies (CCs), ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide strong protection analysis and technical direction to CC leads and implementing staff
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from CC implementation, and incorporate them in CC and staff development processes
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff
- Represent NRC in relevant fora/clusters, and with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. .
- Provide protection inputs on proposals of all CCs to ensure protection from Violence and safe programming are mainstreamed from the design phase across NRC programming.
- Ensure that protection monitoring, and evaluation systems are effectively designed and integrated into all stages of the NRC programs.
- Develop evidence-based briefing notes, reports and strategies on protection issues and engagement with duty bearers to fulfil their responsibilities in collaboration with the Advocacy Coordinator.
- Design and technically oversee protection components of all projects, to strengthen community-based protection mechanisms and humanitarian mediation as relevant and ensure protection programming is based on needs and adapted to each context.
- Work with the protection cluster lead agencies to ensure coherence and harmonization of humanitarian protection standards and interventions in Cameroon.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency (Protection) expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Cameroon is an asset
- Experience in community based and participatory programme planning approaches, with operational based experience in humanitarian mediation projects,
- Good understanding of key technical standards (SPHERE, Inter-Agency Standing Committee , gender mainstreaming, International Humanitarian Laes, humanitarian principles etc.) with the ability to integrate into programming
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change
Please find the full job description here.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
What we offer:
- Contract of 12 months months
- Grade 8 in NRC scale
- Location: Yaounde'
- Potential start date: End of 2023-January 2024
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 22/10/2023
Find out more about the benefits of working for NRC
All applications must be submitted ONLINE at : https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/requisitions/preview/12317/?location=Cameroon&locationId=300000000306624&locationLevel=countryPartagez via Whatsapp cette OFFRE d'EMMPLOI avec un(e) ami(e) !
Aide-soignant chez Université des Montagnes - Bangangté
Caissier chez Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social (ACMS) - Bertoua